Sunday, October 10, 2010

Reflection #7 - Dance Part Two

What: This week in class, we participated in the group presentations using children's literature. We learned about folk dance and how to use it in the classroom as well. We also watched a video that focused on the benefits of using dance in the classroom.
So What: I have really enjoyed learning about the benefits of dance for students. I think it's a great way for kids to get up and moving around instead of sitting in a desk all day. The group presentations were really fun and something I think students would really enjoy doing. I really liked how many of them were Fall/Halloween themed. There are really some great ways that you can incorporate holidays into dance for kids. I think using dance in the classroom could be a great way to let out energy and help the students to refocus.
Now What: I love learning about new ways to use creative arts at elementary age. I think the arts are not valued as highly as they should be in elementary schools and so I love learning about ways to integrate them into core subjects. I have really enjoyed seeing all the different ideas and ways that the groups have been able to use to work together. It really inspires me to want to use the arts in my own classroom and makes me believe that I will be able to do it in a fun, effective way.

No comments:

Post a Comment