Monday, October 25, 2010

Music, Part One

What: This week in class, we learned about incorporating music in the core curriculum. Using this artistic form, we sang several songs and examined children's literature that can be used with music. We also discussed the benefits of music in the classroom.
So What: I have always been an advocate of music and I love using it with young children. It can make any subject exciting and entertaining. I really enjoyed using the instruments during the children's songs because I can see how that is something students would love to do. I have also enjoyed looking for literature that can be used with music. I think it could be really helpful to use music as a way to get kids interested in more difficult subjects like math and science. Using music is a great way to help students understand and retain information.
Now What: I know I will definitely use music in my own classroom because of the immense benefits it provides. I love the idea of using it as a classroom management technique as well. It's a great way to get students to settle down and focus on the next subject. It is also an awesome way to incorporate memorization. I know that by finding ways to integrate music into my lesson plans, I can become a successful teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment